Right between fall and Christmas, most of us desire to experiment with new dishes in our home kitchens - be it to treat ourselves or to host friends and family during festive get-togethers. So, what could better accompany a slice of toasted Rye Crust Bread or a Pumpkin Seed Roll? Exactly, a delicious and healthy pumpkin spread!
Preparation: 10 min.
Baking: 30 min.
- 500 g pumpkin (weight with seeds and fibrous strands)
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tsp mustard
- ½ tsp red pepper powder (sweet)
- ½ tsp red pepper powder (spicey)
- 1 tsp thyme
- Chili flakes (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 390 F. Wash the pumpkin, remove the seeds, fibrous strands and roughly dice. Line a baking tray with baking paper and place the pumpkin pieces on it. Bake for 30-35 minutes on the middle rack until the pumpkin is soft. Then take it out of the oven and let it cool.
- Halve one lemon and squeeze it out. Puree 1 tablespoon lemon juice together with the soft pumpkin, olive oil, mustard and spices in a blender or with a hand blender until it gets creamy texture. Season with lemon juice, salt and pepper and serve directly or pour into a clean jar. Packed airtight and stored in a cool place, the spread will be enjoyable for up to 1 week.