With just a few simple ingredients, you can easily make this delicious sweet potato spread that is high in fibre and vitamins. It’s a great dish to share with all your family and friends. Serve it up as a Thanksgiving appetizer with freshly baked Baker's Rolls or a slice of Premium Seed Bread. Also great for adding to salads and all the sandwiches.
Preparation: 30 min.
- 2 sweet potatoes (approx. 600g)
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Good olive oil
- 100ml vegetable broth
- 12 dried tomatoes in oil (approx. 50g)
- 1 small apple (approx. 80g)
- 4 tablespoons of crunchy peanut butter (approx. 120g)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper.
- Peel and roughly dice the sweet potatoes.
- Peel the garlic and dice finely or use a garlic press. Heat a bit of olive oil and sauté the garlic briefly.
- Add sweet potatoes and vegetable stock, bring to a boil and simmer gently for 10-15 minutes. Cover with a lid.
- Meanwhile, cut the tomatoes into fine strips and the apple into small pieces.
- Mash sweet potato cubes with a fork (or roughly blend). Stir in peanut cream.
- Add and mix tomatoes and apple pieces. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Let it cool and top it if you like with sesame seeds.